Summit Preparatory School
They can detain 75 teenagers of both genders <Ref name=natsap/>. The length of the program is state to be 12 to 18 months <Ref name=natsap/>.
The facility use a level system with 4 levels. They are named <Ref name="fhp1">Therapeutic stages, homepage of the program</Ref>:
- 1: Orientation & Evaluation
- 2: Fundamentals
- 3: Application & Processing
- 4: Consolidation & Transitional Preparation
The teenagers live in dorms. In each room there are 4 beds and 2 desks <ref>Dormitory, homepage of the facility</ref>.
The nature of the communication between parents and the teenager depends of the level and progress in the program. In the start the communition is censored due to the fact that the phonecalls are made during therapy. Later in the program the staff listens in during the calls before the teenager has reached a point in the program where phonecalls can be done unmonitored <Ref>Communication, homepage of the facility</ref>
In the news[redigér]
- In 2017 it was revealed that Jason Scott Calder who later was charged with rape, forcible sodomy and forcible sexual abuse had been working at the facility. October 2017 there was no information that he had taken advantage of teenagers at Summit Preparatory School but investigation is ongoing <ref>Utah County therapist arrested for alleged sexual abuse of underage girl, by Asthon Edwards, FOX 13 News, September 26 - 2017</ref>
- Info: Homepage of the facility
- Info: A Summary of Participant Perspectives on Residential Treatment for Youth Provided in States across the Country and in Montana, by Allison Pinto, Ph.D. and Louis de la Parte, Florida Mental Health Institute University of South Florida (Re-print from Coalition against Institutionlized Child Abuse) - the facility is mentioned in the report.