Ocean life (Denmark)
Ocean Life is a social project offering services like behavior modification for the social services in Denmark. They using ships as method for the process.
The have two ships called "Livet" (Life) and "Silvermoon".
Parents can not admit their child to this program. Referral can only be done by the authorities.
They offer 4 programs - Module A
This program has three phases:
- The youth are first trained at a land base located near the town of Faaborg on the Island of Funen <Ref>The landbase on Google maps</Ref>.
- Phase two is attending the expeditions. According to the homepage of the program at that point the youth are no longer considered students but crew.
- The youth return to the land base and take his exam (Grade 9 or 10).
Module A: The authorities in the hometown of the youth pay DKK 66,000 per month and additional DKK 12,400 for education.
The only way to communicate is by letter or email. Phone is not encouraged because the staff wants to take advantage of the limited communication in the process of behavior modification<Ref>Kaere forældre (instructions to the parents - program homepage) http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk/images/Dk8.gif]</Ref>
While in harbor:
While on sea:
Two persons are on duty on shifts lasting 3 hours 24/7.
A part of the program is to plan these shifts without ending up in conflict enabling the youth to understand that everyone on the ship are depending on each other.
In the news
- In may 2008 - according to the authorities on the island of Fuerteventura a 16 year old boy was located alone on Islote de Lobos - a small uninhabited island north of Fuerteventura <Ref>Map of Islote de Lobos - the island there boy was found alone</Ref>
The police claim that he was marooned as punishment for smuggling an animal onboard the ship, but the staff claimed that he just had taken shore leave on the deserted island <Ref>sk kaptajn anholdt af spansk politi (Danish Captain arrested by Spanish police), by JAN ERIKSEN, BT, May 22 2008 http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk/images/Dk8.gif</Ref>
- May 2012 it was reported that the captain of "Livet" died while helping local fishermen out <ref>Hans godhed og hjælpsomhed kostede livet, by Camilla Cornelius, Carsten Norton and Magnus Bjerg, Ekstra-Bladet, May 11, 2012 http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk/images/Dk8.gif</ref>
- Info: Homepage of the program
- Info: Detenido por abandonar 27 horas a un menor en el Islote de Lobos (Fuerteventura) por su "mala conducta" (Detained for 27 hours to leave a child in the Islote de Lobos (Fuerteventura) for his "misconduct"), Yahoo News - Spain, May 22 - 2008 http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk/images/Dk8.gif
- Info: Team Damstrup, about working around the ships http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk/images/Dk8.gif
- Info: Silvermoon & Havgassen's web dagbog http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk/images/Dk8.gif
- Info: Un menor es abandonado en un islote en Fuerteventura como castigo por portarse mal (One child was abandoned on an islet in Fuerteventura as a punishment for bad behavior), diario direct, May 22 - 2008 http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk/images/Es9.gif
- Info: Dansk dreng forsvandt på ulve-ø (Boy disappered on Island of Wolfs), by Daniel Fonseca, Ekstra Bladet, May 22 - 2007 http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk/images/Dk8.gif
- Forum: Efterladt på øde ø - sørøver film - nej! (Marooned - Pirate movie - No), a thread on the message board of TV2 in Denmark http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk/images/Dk8.gif
- Forum: Marooned in 2008 - Is it possible - Yes it is (Danish behavior modification), a thread on Fornits Webforum http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk/images/Dk8.gif