Montcalm School for Boys
The length of the program is between 9 and 18 months <ref name=nap/>
The campus does also house a department for girls - Montcalm School for Girls.
The program utilize the use of positive peer group system.
The boys sleep in bunk rooms and do daily chores. They are responsible for their own laundry, prepare their own meals.
The boys attend an on campus school Monday to Friday. The teachers are licensed by the State of Michigan Department of Education.
In 1949 a student killed an employee <ref>1949 November 3, Housemother Mrs. Estelle Tusch killed by Starr student, Albion Interactive History</ref>
The school was involved in a lawsuit when one of their residents ran away and later became involved in a murder in Pontiac <ref>Michigan Supreme Court clears Albion's Starr Commonwealth in lawsuit stemming from murder of teen by escaped resident, by Aaron Aupperlee, mlive.com, May 11, 2010</ref>
January 2012 a 15 year old boy ran away from the program. He was later found safe and unhurt <ref>UPDATE: Missing teen returned, Newschannel 3 - WWMT, January 26, 2012</ref>
- Group: My parents wanted to get rid of me so they condemned me to hell (Starr), Facebook
- Group: Montcalm School for Boys, Myspace (http://groups.myspace.com/montcalm)
- Forum: Father Flanagan's BOYS' TOWN (from "I wonder what farm..."), a thread on Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora mentioning the program
- Forum: Name One Good Program, a thread on Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora mentioning the program
- Forum: Unita Academy, Wellsville, UT, a thread on Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora mentioning the program
- Forum: Comments to the article: Michigan Supreme Court clears Albion's Starr Commonwealth in lawsuit stemming from murder of teen by escaped resident
- Forum: "therapeutic boarding schools", a thread on the message board from the webpage "Juvenile Bipolar Research Foundation"
- Forum: Runaway from Montcalm (Starr Commonwealth), a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora