Logan River Academy
Logan River Academy is a behavior modification facility located in the town of Logan in Utah. The facility is located on the corner of Highway 89/91 and Park Avenue <Ref>The facility on Google maps</Ref>
They can detain 90 teenagers aged 13-17 and they were founded in 2000. According to their NATSAP data the length of the program is about 12 months <Ref>Logan Academy on NATSAP</Ref>
The communication between the teenager detained at the facility and the family progress from restricted on-campus visits to visits home as the detained teenager moves forward in the program, which have eight levels.
The program works with behavior measured grades which are given every two weeks. They call them "Level grades". "Team Grades", which is another tool to move towards in the program is given every term.
They are acredited by NAAS.
The survivors from the Myspace group mentions DEVO. This type of punishment consist of doing time by sitting on a chair doing nothing in one of the devo-rooms from sunrise to bedtime with breaks only at meals. Some survivors talks of weeks - others of months <Ref>Thread about Devo</Ref>.
In the news[redigér]
- A spin-off of the main facility for more complied teeenagers was created near Wellsville in Utah <Ref>The present girls dorm (former Tavasi facility) on Google maps</Ref>. October 2009 it was announced that the girls dorm moved to Wellsville and the Tavasi program was placed in Logan instead <Ref>Logan River Academy Announces New Girls Program, a press-release on strugglingteens.com - industry marketing firm</ref>
- The location of the former Tavasi facility near a populated area has caused some concern among the local citizens <Ref>Residents Don't Want Teen Rehab Center in Neighborhood, by Alex Cabrero, Ksl.com, July 18th, 2006</Ref>
- In 2010 a girl - most likely being detained at the facility - managed to escape while she was on an outing with her mother <ref>17-year-old with ties to Racine area missing from Utah, by Stephanie Jones, Journal Times, October 22, 2010</ref>. Fortunately she was recovered but it remains unanswered whether the parents continued to disclaimer their parenting or she was allowed to return home <ref>Recovered/Located UT - Katherine Rae Allison - 17 years old - Logan - 15 Oct 2010, a thread on the Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community message board</ref>
- October 2013 a petition was created to help a boy out of the facility <ref>Remove Michael B from Logan River Academy, prevent other CA youth from ending up there, and stop using DEVO. (Change.org)</ref>
- Info: Program Homepage
- Info: HEAL-online about Logan River Academy
- Info: Tavasi School homepage
- Info: Wellsville residential treatment center for teens still causing concern, by Landon Bench, UtahState University, Hard News Cafe, October 20 2006.
- Info: Logan River Alumni, myspace
- Info: Provo Truth Exposed, website mentions Logan River Academy
- Forum: Logan River Academy, thread about the facility on Fornits webforum
- Forum: New List of Reportedly Abusive Programs In Utah, thread about the facility on Fornits webforum mentioning the facility.
- Forum: Logan River question, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: would like to know if boarding/treatment centers are recommended for children with nonverbal learnin, Friends of Quinn
- Forum: 'Troubled Teen' PETITION ALERT: Remove Michael Barach from Logan River Academy, prevent other CA youth from ending up there, and stop using DEVO. (change.org), a thread on the Reddit Troubled Teen message board