Roloff homes are special kind of behavior modification facilities based on an alternative version of Christian love and empathy. This category consist of info-pages about the facilities, persons in relationship with the movement around the founder Lester Roloff and significant events.
The known list of Roloff Homes are<Ref>The Homes started by Lester Roloff, a thread on Fornits Webforum</Ref>
After the founder died, some of the staff members created new facilities more or less following the same basics as the original homes. See the category: Independent Roloff based facilities
The first Roloff Homes were created around the late 1950's. Here are some date: First Men's Home (1958), First Women's Home (1960's), Rebekah Girls Home (1968) <Ref>A common thread, By ABIGAIL McWILLIAM, The Messenger, February 27 2009</Ref>
They were located in several states. It was places like Corpus Christi, TX; Petal, MS; Belton, MO; Pace, FL; North Carolina; Tennessee.
Some of them could detain large number of detainess - up to 300 in Rebekah alone. They were/are gender separated. Sex depended on home
They were founded by the Roloff Evangelistic Enterprises. This company was founded by Lester Roloff.
The program lasts at least one year.
There are 4 levels. New Girl, Regular, Room Captain, Helper
3 girls per room, 2 rooms per bathroom, clean in dorm, but food had issues.
No communication with parents for 30 days, no unmonitored communication in or out by mail or phone. Visits of 2 days at 6 months and 1 year if deamed appropriate. Any inappropriate communication was marked out with permanent ink before letters were mailed, if you said wrong thing on phone, phone call was dropped, parents letters were withheld so that staff could convince girls their families did not care about them.
Non Accreditted Pace Education Diplomas not valid.
Staff training, misc.[redigér]
- No trained staff.
- Not State regulated.
- No medical care or medications allowed unless given by homes, but never under doctor care.
- Corporal Punishment
- Lock-up, forced to hold stress positions for hours, etc.
- Quoting from Bible 1 hour per day, sermons played during sleep, brainwashing, verbal and emotional abuse.
- Forum: Fornits Webforum about facilites in this category
- Forum: Roloff Evangelistic Programs, subforum on the message board of Fight Institutionalized Child Abuse Network (FICAN)
- Forum: Religious Facilities, subforum on the message board of Community Alliance For the Ethical Treatment of Youth (CAFETY)
Sider i kategorien "Roloff Homes"
De nedenstående 9 sider er i denne kategori, ud af i alt 9.