Jasper Mountain is the name for an agency that offers numerous behavior modification programs.
They were founded in 1982 with the purchase of a ranch.
They offer a number of programs
- Residential Psychiatric Treatment Program: A traditional residential program located seven miles southeast of Springfield, Oregon.
- SAFE Center Assessment and Evaluation Program: Short-term program lasting betweem 30 and 90 days.
- SAFE Crisis Respite: 72 hours hold
- Treatment Foster Care Program:
- The Village Program:
- Day Treatment and SCAR/Jasper Mountain School: School acredited by the Oregon Department of Education.
In the news[redigér]
In December 2005, an 11-year-old child suffered a broken ankle when he was threatening younger children, according to the state human services agency. A staff member asked the child to move away. The child took one step onto a nearby stair, dropped his weight and broke his ankle, according to the agency <ref name=kval/>
In March 2006, a 12-year-old girl's upper arm was broken in two places after a staff member placed her arm behind her back and held it there to restrict her movements <ref name=kval/>
And in August 2006, a 12-year-old boy suffered a broken wrist after staff members delivered the news that his mother had died, according to Jasper Mountain officials. The boy ran out the door of the residence, turned and braced the door closed with his arms. When staff chased after him and pushed on the door, the force snapped the boy's wrist <ref name=kval/>
The guardians of these three children has started a lawsuit against the facility <ref name="kval">Home for abused children sued over broken bones, by Associated Press, KVAL13.com</ref>.
- Info: Program homepage - history
- Info: Jasper Mountain hit with suit over injuries - ( OR , Jasper Mountain ) - December 22, 2007 (Article found on the website of Community Alliance For the Ethical Treatment of Youth (CAFETY))
- Group: Jasper Mountain Center - Oregon, Facebook