Hyde Schools are a couple of behavior modification facilities marketed as boarding schools.
The first campus is located on 616 High Street, Bath, Maine <Ref>Bath facility on Google Maps.</Ref>. They are able to detain 206 teenagers of both genders. It did open in 1966 <ref>Bath campus facts, Homepage of the program</ref>
The second campus is located on 150 Route 169, Woodstock, Connecticut <Ref>Woodstock facility on Google maps</Ref>. They are able to detain 150 teenagers of both genders. It did open in 1996 <ref>Woodstock campus facts, Homepage of the program</ref>
A parent organization called Hyde School Parent Alummi Association (HAPA) has their own webpage and organizes various events <ref>Hyde School Parent Alummi Association (HAPA)</ref>
December 2008 two teenagers were hurt when the school laboratory exploded <ref>Two At School Hurt In Explosion, Hartford Courant, December 16, 2008</ref>
A message on Facebook speaks of improper behavior towards a one of the female students, which led to changes in among the staff <ref>Wall section on the facebook group "hyde school is hell on earth"</ref>
- Info: Program homepage
- Info: Education: School of Hard Knocks, Time Magazine, August 9, 1976
- Info: International Survivor Action Committe about the facility
- Info: The Troubled Teen Industry, By silentlysinging - Posted on August 30th, 2007, a blog written by a survivor
- Info: A SEARCH FOR MYSELF, by Louis Schmier, 13 July 1994 (A parent finds out how exhausting parental involvement for parents can be if they choose to detain their off-spring at the facility)
- Forum: Hyde School forum on Fornits.
- Forum: Explosion In School Lab Injures 2 Students, a thread based on the article in Hartford Courant