Glacier Mountain Academy
Glacier Mountain Academy was a behavior modification facility located near Sandpoint, Idaho. Before it was named Glacier Mountain Academy, the program was marketed as Glacier Mountain Expeditions.
They could detain teenagers between the ages of 13-17 years.
There was no info about the length of the program on the webpage (April 2008).
GLACIER MOUNTAIN SEPARATES
(June 8, 2000) Larry Bauer, Director of Glacier Mountain Academy (GMA), Sandpoint, Idaho, announced that as of January 1, 2000, GMA became a totally separate entity from Glacier Mountain Educational Services (formerly known as Glacier Mountain Expeditions), which is headed by John Baisden. Bauer and Baisden had formed a partnership a few years ago, which has now been dissolved as a result of this action. Ramona and Matt Slover are managers and house parents of the GMA program, with Jack Evensizer, the accredited teacher.
</ref> The facility closed during the summer of 2010 <ref>Comment on the webpage "My Experience With Glacier Mountain Academy", by Rick Becker, August 17, 2010
In the next month or so, this website will go defunct. GMA has closed and Larry is unable or unwilling to pay his debt. It has been up 3 years. I hope it has helped some who may have stumbled upon it. Good luck.]
No information about treatment philosophy is stated on their webpage.
The "daily schedule" page on their homepage suggests that they use a level system, where the levels "Orientation" and "Evaluation" is named.
In the news[redigér]
An article in Spokesman Review tells a story about understaffing and a different level of education than expected <ref>Camps for troubled teens face rules, by Susan Drumheller, Spokesman Review, Sunday, March 10, 2002</ref>. The founder was charged with operating a school without license<ref>Glacier Mountain Academy runs afoul of authorities, by Susan Drumheller, Spokesman Review, Sunday, March 10, 2002</ref>
- Info: Program Homepage
- Group: Glacier Mountain Academy, myspace
- Forum: glacier mountain academy - a thread on Fornits Webforum
- Forum: GLACIER MOUNTAIN ACADEMY - a thread on Fornits Webforum
- Forum: Beware of referrals by Sue Scheff - a thread on Fornits webforum mentioning the facility.
- Forum: List of PURE programs - a thread on Fornits webforum mentioning the facility.
- Forum: Glacier Mountain Academy - a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Trouble in Idaho, a thread on the CDAPress blogs website
- Forum: message board on the webpage "My Experience With Glacier Mountain Academy"