Cinnamon Hills Youth Crisis Center
Cinnamon Hills Youth Crisis Center is located in St. George, Utah <Ref>The facility on Google Maps</Ref>. The targetgroup is youth between 12 and 17.
They seems to operate with a level system. Some of the names are "Belt Status", G1 and "All Star".
However another sources this statement
its "youth development" and life skills student must stay 6 months in youth development were he/she are limited in things... and in life skills still are very many limitations but they try to say they have a lot of freedom.
The student / parent manual is not online the outline of the program can described in detail.
The have a punishment / isolation room. Other punishment as being forced to lie down on the floor face down during the night with windows open, so it gets cold are also used <Ref>Several statements from relatives and survivors from Heal-online, see SURVIVOR REPORT #1.</Ref>
The City counsel does not want a reputation as a town for troubled teenagers, so the sign in front of the building must not include the word "Treatment Center" <Ref>REGULAR MEETING, NOVEMBER 21, 2002, 4:00 P.M. - CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS</Ref>
In the news[redigér]
- A document mentions an arrest on the campus of a murderer <Ref>U.S. v. Bautista, 1998 10CIR 597 145 F.3d 1140, Case Number: 97-2222, Decided: 05/22/1998, 10th Circuit Court of Appeals</Ref>
- January 2008 it was reported that a staff member was charged for having sex with one of the detained girls, who were meant to go on a home visit, but choosed to run away in order to stay with the staff member <Ref>Man busted for sex with 17-year-old runaway, Deseret News, Jan 27, 2008</Ref>. It seemed that the relationship was voluntary.
- A similar charge was brought up against a woman working at the facility in October 2003 <Ref>Cinnamon Hills Youth Crisis Center Staff Member Arrested, By Trina Cobbley, KCSG TV, October 23 2008</Ref>
- December 2009 a staff member was sentenced to from one to 15 years in prison for having a relationship with a 17 year old girl <ref>Man sentenced in sex case, by Kevin Jenkins, The Spectrum, December 2009</ref>
- Info: Program Homepage
- Info: Several statements from relatives and survivors from Heal-online
- Info: They're Shipping our Children to UTAH!,Revealing Truth for Child and Family Justice blog, May 2006
- Info: Nowhere to turn: Some provinces are sending troubled kids as far away as Utah for rehabilitation, Revealing Truth for Child and Family Justice blog, April 2010
- Info: The Report of the Accreditation Visiting Team, Utah State Office of Education, May 23, 2009
- Info: Nowhere to turn, by Rachel Mendleson, macleans.ca, August 7, 2009
- Survivor group: Schools ›› Cinnamon Hills Youth Crisis Center, myspace school group
- Group: Cinnamon Hills Heal, Facebook
- Forum: Cinnamon Hills, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Juvenile detention system: A family's nightmare, a thread on Topix.com mentioning the facility
- Forum: Utah youth Crisis Center Staff Member Joy Lynette Andrews Arrested, trutv.com message board
- Forum: I'm a 23 year old survivor of Cinnamon Hills Youth Crisis Center. I've been out for 5 years and I still haven't made peace with what happened there., Reddit Troubled Teen group