Christian Alamo is the name for the movement of teenagers detained in Roloff Homes being moved from the state of Texas for facilities in Georgia and Mississippi.
What lead up to the event[redigér]
Rumors about abuse in various Roloff Homes reached the politicians in Texas and in order to protect the welfare of the children detained at the homes the state of Texas introduced new child protection laws for children detained in private facilities.
The operation consisted of a three phase plan.
- The movement surrounding Lester Roloff organized a giant "Save Our Nation" rally in Dallas, Texas.
- At the same time the movement saw to that the detained teenagers were moved to new facilities in Georgia and Mississippi in order to avoid the authorities attempt to protect the detainees.
- The ownership of the homes was transferred from Roloff's corporation to the People's Church
- Info: Remember the Christian Alamo, By Pamela Colloff
- Info: (Reprint from Project Nospank) Texas Monthly, December 2001.
- Info: About Lester Roloff, the incident is mentioned in the article
- Info: PROBE OF ABUSE CHARGES AT "BIBLE DISCIPLINE" HOME LEADS TO BUSH, RAISES QUESTIONS OF FAITH-STATE PARTNERSHIP, American Atheists, April 12 - 2000.