Cedar Breaks Academy
Cedar Breaks Academy was a correctional boarding school marketed as a therapeutic boarding school in Parowan, Utah <ref>The facility on Google maps</ref>
The target group was female teenagers aged 12 to 17 <ref name="faq">FAQ page, the former homepage of the facility (November 2007)</ref>. They were able to house pregnant teenagers until the third trimester <ref name=faq/>.
The length of the program was 9 to 12 months <ref name=faq/>.
It is unclear what did happen with the school. The campus now house the Bryce Canyon Academy.
The amount of communication was determinded by the level system they used at the facility. Communication was done through e-mails, scheduled phone calls, letter writing and communication with the case manager and/or therapist <ref name=faq/>.
The classes were small consisting of about 8 teenagers. They claimed that the facility was accredited through the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools <ref name=faq/>.
- Info: Staff information from HEAL-online
- Info: Cedar Breaks Academy, Myspace reunion account
- Info: The Report of the Accreditation Visiting Team, Utah State Office of Education
- Info: Cedar Breaks Academy Video Archive, blogspot.com
- Forum: Cedar Breaks Academy, Parowan, a thread on Fornits message board