Camp Consequence is a short term behavior modificaiton program, which were run in a wilderness setting before moving to a former prison farm <ref name="j">Program for dealing with unruly kids gets new home, by Charlie Patton, Jacksonville.com, December 19, 2009</ref>
It is run by a non-profit organization in Florida. The camp was located near the town of Callahan in Florida <Ref>The cabin where the camp was held on Google maps</Ref>. December 2009 the program was relocated to a former prison farm rented from the county <Ref name=j/><Ref>The Prison farm on Google maps</ref>.
The camp is a part of a parent program which consist of three parts <Ref>For children with disorderly behavior and parenting classes located in Jacksonville Florida, program homepage</Ref>:
- 1) Parents have to attend an Empowered Parent Conference. At this conference the parents will learn what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. The cost is $150.00 per person.
- 2) Both parents and child(ren) then have to attend Camp Consequence. Camp is where parents learn how to do what was taught in the parent conference. The cost is $100.00 per person attending.
- 3) Finally the parents have to attend weekly parent support. Parent support is where the parents will get all your parent questions answered according to the material. There is no cost to attend parent support.
Meeting time is friday 20:00. The parents are encouraged not to come before 19:45 else they have to stand being with their own children <Ref name="info">Information Sheet, program homepage</Ref>
While the parent can bring additional food and snack if the parent(s) keep it hidden from the child, the child may only bring water <Ref name=info/>.
While it is unclear when the camp ends (It is only stated as late), the camp starts Saturday 4:30 in the morning <Ref name=info/>.
A part of the program consist of a visit to one of the local prisons. Both parent(s) and child(ren) have to wear orange prison clothes during that part <Ref>Participant agreement, program homepage</Ref>.
Sunday the wake up is 5:30 in the morning <Ref name=info/>.
During the camp the parents are encourged not to speak with their own children but only refer them the staff mentioned as the "black shirts" <Ref>Camp policies, program homepage</Ref>.
- Info: Camp Consequence homepage
- Info: Camp Consequence, Jacksonville Confidential
- Info: The Parent Connect, blog of the volunteer organization
- Info: Help for parents with unruly, defiant kids & teens here in Jax, Kijiji
- Info: Camp Consequence: Boot Camp For Troubled Children, Parents, News4Jax.com, May 19 2008
- Info: Camp Consequence is a family affair, By CHLOE BENOIST, The Times-Union, December 28, 2007
- Info: Camp Consequence, google video
- Forum: Program for parents - please wear orange for your child, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Back from Camp Consequence, a thread on the Conduct disorders messageboard
- Forum: One step forward, a giant step back, a thread on the Conduct disorders messageboard