Blue Hills Academy
Blue Hills Academy was a behavior modification facility marketed as a therapeutic boarding school. It was located near Humboldt in Arizona <ref name="s1">New Perspectives - April, 1999, strugglingteens.com</ref> <ref>The area where the facility was located, Google maps</ref>.
The targetgroup was male teenagers aged between 14 and 18 <ref name=s1/>. The average stay was claimed to be between 14 and 16 months <ref name=s1/>.
According to a press release August 24, 2005, they have closed the facility on August 15, 2005 <ref>BLUE HILLS ACADEMY CLOSES, Strugglingteens - Industry marketing firm</ref>. Last known Executive Director was Sonja C. Fullwood. Records show that she moved to Anthem, Arizona <ref>Records from Arizona Corporation Commission</ref>
Little is known about the structure and system used at Blue Hills Academy, but it is known that they used a level system with five phases <ref name=s2/> - please use the Talk page to give your input
They used a online curriculum from Phoenix Special Programs, which was self-paced <ref name="s2">Schools & Program Visits - Sep, 1999, marketing article from strugglingteens.com</ref>
- December 2000 an article mentions the concern by neighbors to a second campus <ref>Board: Academy not School, cannot stay in Outback, by Gail Kenny, The Daily Courier - Dec 11, 2000</ref>
- In 2001 an article mentioned a music event <ref>Blue Hills Academy Students Pull Out All The Stops In a Music Production, by Laura Flood, The Prescott Valley Tribune - Jan 24, 2001</ref>
- Info: Records from HEAL-online
- Forum: Blue Hills Academy - Different or the Same?, a thread on the Fornits message boards
- Forum: Copper Canyon Academy, Fornits Webforum (The managers had worked there before)
- Forum: Consultants - in whose best intrest do they work?, Fornits Webforum (The facility is mentioned in this thread)