Alternative Youth Academy
Alternative Youth Academy is a military styled Day school parents can choose to enroll their children in if they are living in Roswell, Georgia
The webpage state
- Discipline and schedule that models a military setting
- Program schedule is Monday through Friday from 06:00 hrs until 18:00 hours
- Participation in an accredited program that builds credit toward a high school diploma.
- Students are called cadets while in the school
- Parents or guardians may enroll students with or without their consent
- Students are picked up and dropped off from their homes Monday through Friday
- Cadets are placed on a behavioral contract uniquely created based upon their current behavior (unruly, truant, substance abuse, etc.)
- Student enrollment at AYA includes authorization for the academy to conduct random drug tests and on-property searches
- AYA officers receive reports from the cadet's parents or guardian to enshure contract compliance at home.
- The contract expires when the parents withdraw the cadet from school
- Students are taught discipline, organizational skills and respect for themselves and others
- Cadets enrolled in AYA participate in a community service program which helps local businesses and government agencies reduce their cost of subcontracted services such as landscaping, cleaning, etc.
- Cadets are given the option to receive mental health counseling and therapy if desired
The teenagers don't comply with the strict rules at the academy, they can get banished to a another boot camp - Restoration Youth Academy -where they have to live.
- Info: Homepage of the facility