Academy of Eastern Arizona
They detained girls aged between 12 and 17 as they believed that a single gender facility will provide the best results <ref name=faq/>. They claim that the average stay in the program was between 9 and 14 months <Ref name="faq">Frequently Asked Questions, program homepage</Ref>.
December 2011 the human rights organization HEAL-online reported the program as closed <ref name="heal">HEAL Newsletter: December 9th, 2011 </ref>
Among the owners was Daniel Sandberg Taylor who was later arrested in Utah <ref name=sgn/>
The facility was described as a Staff Secured troubled teen all girls Boarding School, where resident activities are monitored 24 hours per day, 7 days per week <ref name="disc">Discipline, homepage of the facility</ref>
Transportation to The Academy of Eastern Arizona: Transporting the adolescent from their home to The Academy of Eastern Arizona is a sensitive matter from both emotional and security considerations. There are several alternatives available to the parent depending on the troubled teens circumstances and the parent is advised to discuss this aspect of the transition with a member of our staff. We highly recommend Parent Solutions LLC for transportation. They have some of the best agents along with a sincere passion for what they do. Call them at (XXX) XXX-XXXX.
The homepage didn't state there the facility is licensed <ref name=faq/>.
- They used horses as therapy at the facility <ref>Therapy, homepage of the facility</ref>.
- They have a connection with a similar facility in Fredonia, Arizona called Re-Creation, where staff from this facility gives courses in Verbal Communication.
- The homepage described the facility as a secure facility with locks on doors and windows.
The Academy of Eastern Arizona provides supervision 24 hours per day; 7 days per week. The facility is locked and doors are alarmed at all times to ensure safety. We provide a safe, secure, and structured environment with 24 hr care and supervision. The windows and doors are locked and alarmed and residents are not allowed out of the facility without staff.
- A former employee was arrested June 2013 on charges of rape and assault. An article mentions that this facility shared owners with Integrity House in Utah <ref name="sgn">Administrator of home for teenage girls arrested on felony rape, abuse charges, by Joyce Kuzmanic, St. George News, June 1 2013</ref>
- Info: Homepage of the facility (Website checked - Defunct - December 10, 2011)
- Info: REST IN PIECES, HEAL-online
- Forum: Two new girl jails in Arizona, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- Forum: Integrity House, a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora mentioning the facility