Wolfeboro summer boarding school
Wolfeboro summer boarding school is academic boot camp using behavior modification methods.
It runs a 6 and half week summer program from June to August. The target group is youth of both genders between 11 and 18.
It is located near Wolfeboro at a lake called Rust Pond in New Hampshire<Ref>The camp on Google maps</Ref>.
The program is divided between an academic and a non-academic part.
Before admission the parents have to select three courses the detainee have to study. The detainee can earn credits at the camp.
While the handbook is not online the following basis are known:
- Maintain a neat and orderly school by keeping their own tents clean and organized and to share in daily chores such as sweeping the dining room or classrooms and serving as a waiter at meals.
- Not posses or use cell phones or related communication technology.
- Not posses or use alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs or related paraphernalia in any form.
- Remain on campus at all times except as scheduled and accompanied, or approved by the School.
- Observe policies governing the privacy and use of specified areas of the campus and respect for the School property.
- Attend all scheduled classes, meals, activities, and appointments and be punctual with all commitments.
According to a post in one of the survivor groups, there is no contact with parents at all during the first week.
Regardless of the fact that the summer school are operating after the millennium, the detainees have no access to a computer during the entire program.
- Pete Wentz was sent to the boot camp aged 14 when his parents had other goals with his life than his chosen career <Ref>Pete Wentz, Movietome.</Ref>
- Info: Program homepage
- Info: Poem from a former detainee
- Info: Set with agate and the azure sheen, of turkish blue and emerald green, blog from a former detainee
- Survivor group: Survivors Of Wolfeboro Camp School, facebook
- Survivor group: I survived Wolfeboro Camp School '07, facebook
- Survivor group: Wolfeboro: The Summer Boarding School '08, facebook
- Survivor group: I survived Wolefoboro Camp School 08, facebook
- Survivor group: Wolfeboro Camp Shool Alumni, myspace
- Forum: Celebrity mentions boot camp on Howard Stern show today, a thread on Fornits webforum
- Forum: Wolfeboro summer boarding school , a thread on College Confidential