Teen Brat Camp UK
Teen Brat Camp UK is a wilderness program used for behavior modification. It is operating in North Wales in Snowdonia around Bala and Arenig.
They have been operating since early 2008.
They run 3 programs. A one-to-one program, 6 days wilderness program and a residential program. The length of the residential program is not specified.
According to their webpage a typical camp will look like <ref>Brief Overview of what may happen on a 6 day behavioural camp-weather depending !, homepage of the program</ref>:
- Day 1- Breakfast. Take down camp. Hike. Lunch. Set up camp. Free time. Supper. Walk. Return to camp late evening. Free time.
- Day 2- Breakfast. Take down camp. Free time. Counselling session. Free time. Lunch. Counselling session followed by personal time to reflect and complete cognitive diary. Set up camp. Free time. Supper. Counselling session.
- Day 3- Breakfast. Counselling session. Lunch. Hike. Set up camp. Free time, Counselling session. Supper. Counselling session. Free time.
- Day 4- Breakfast. Take down camp, Counselling session then free time to reflect. Lunch. Hike. Set up camp. Free time, Counselling session. Supper. Counselling session follwed by personal time to reflect and complete their cognitive diary. Free time.
- Day 5- Breakfast. Take down camp, Counselling session. One outdoor activity i.e. White water rafting, kayaking or rope works (activity dependant on weather conditions). Set up camp. Supper. Counselling session. Free time.
- Day 6- Breakfast. Take down camp, Counselling session. Reflection on previous therapeutic sessions and feedback from the young person. Pack up and return to pick up point.
- Info: Program homepage
- Survivor group: Group for people, who has been at a wilderness program and have survived to tell their story, Myspace
- Survivor Group: Wilderness Program Graduates, Facebook
- Survivor Group: I Survived Wilderness, Facebook
- Forum: Do we have a brat camp type boarding school in the UK?, a thread on Money Saving Experts