Reclamation Ranch is a behavior modification facility developed on the basic of the Roloff homes.
The founder - Dr. Jack Patterson - worked at the Lighthouse for Boys runned by Lester Roloff before founding the facility in 1990. The founders lives around the campuses since his divorce <Ref>About Dr. Jack Patterson </Ref><Ref>Where Is Jack?, a tread on The Fighting Fundamental Forums.</Ref>
It was located near Hammond in Indiana before moving the mens ranch and the main office to Othello, Washington.
The ranch for boys is according to the webpage located near Empire in Alabama, but one of the photos on their webpage speaks of Sweetwater in Tennessee <Ref>The facility on Google maps</ref>
The facility is for boys only but the founders also run a facility for girls only nearby called Rachel Academy.
The program last a year according to website.
The facility uses the Accelerated Christian Education (A.C.E.) workbook curriculum provided by School of Tomorrow <Ref>Accelerated Christian Education</Ref>. School of Tomorrow requries that just one person in an entire school be "certified" to use the curriculum. This certification is NOT from any state agency. It is issued by School of Tomorrow. This enables schools to use the curriculum without having any certified teachers by the State.
November 2008 11 boys was removed from the ranch in relationship with claims of child abuse <Ref>11 boys removed at faith-based Reclamation Ranch, Beating, torture allegations probed, by KENT FAULK, Birmingham News, november 25 2008</Ref> <Ref>Update: 11 boys returned to families as abuse investigation continues, Posted by Tom Gordon --- Birmingham News November 25, 2008</Ref>. Christian fundamentalists began a protest against the authorities. The investigation did oddly enough not include the girls program.
According to court records the investigators found both handcuffs and shackles <Ref>Investigators probing boys ranch abuse claims find shackles, by Jon Paepcke, NBC 13, november 25 2008</Ref>.
The facility changed the target group so only adults could live there. The trial took place early 2010 but due to a plea bargain where Jack Patterson was sentenced for verbal harassement and received a fine of 500 dollars <ref>Rep. Miller (CA) bill would curtail Christian school abuse, Akopsa blog entry, March 9, 2010</ref>. The charge was originally aggravated child abuse <ref>Christian Boarding School Head Accused Of Violence, by Angel Carpenter, WYCB Spirit 1340 AM, february 25, 2010</ref>
- Info: Program Homepage
- Info: Freedom From Abuse Network, article on the front page mentions the Raid
- Info: 11 Boys Removed At Faith-Based Reclamation Ranch, Covenant News, November 29 2008
- Info: History of Violence: Christian boarding schools and the March 10 trial of Jack Patterson, by Akopsa, The Seminal, February 23, 2010 (Reprint from Project Nospank)
- Group: roloffalumni - Welcome to Roloff Alumni, Yahoo
- Group: Healing the scars of teen programs/homes, Yahoo
- Group: Rebekah Home & Roloff Homes Occupant Gathering Place, Facebook
- Forum: Reclamation Ranch -- a Roloff Shootoff, thread on Fornits webforum about the facility
- Forum: 11 Boys Removed at Faith-Based Reclamation Ranch (AL), thread on Fornits webforum about the facility
- Forum: Children removed but supporters protest justice, a thread on the message board of Community Alliance For the Ethical Treatment of Youth (CAFETY)
- Forum: Children removed but supporters protest justice, a thread on the message board of The Fight Institutional Child Abuse Network (FICAN)
- Forum: Prayer Circle Monday, November 24, 2008, a thread on the Taste of Home message board
- Forum: Investigators probing Baptist Reclamation Ranch abuse claims find shackles, a thread on The Fighting Fundamental Forums
- Forum: SWAT Raid on Reclamation Ranch, a thread on the Prison Planet message board
- Forum: State returns all 11 teens seized in Reclamation Ranch raid to families/guardians, a thread on The Fighting Fundamental Forums