Adolescent and Family Institute of Colorado
Adolescent and Family Institute of Colorado was founded by Alexander Panio Jr. who later turned out not to be licensed at all.
The targetgroup was teenagers and young adults aged between 11 and 21, who was suffering from mental challenges and drug abuse problems.
In the news[redigér]
- 2014 it was revealed that the manager had no real education and that at least one former resident had died as result of poor treatment <ref>Ex-patients, families say decades of abuse, fraud at Colorado facility ignored, by Ana Cabrera and Sara Weisfeldt, CNN, May 11 2014</ref>
- The founder was sued by clients and relatives of clients who had passed away shortly after treatment ended <ref>Diploma mill 'doctor' sued over teen's suicide attempt, by: J. D. Heyes, Natural News, October 22 2012</ref>
- Info: Program Website
- Info: State Investigates Teen Treatment Center, The Denver Channel
- Info: Doctor Sued Over Teen's Suicide Attempt, By SAM REYNOLDS, Courthouse News Service, October 12 2012
- Info: 258. Adolescent and Family Institute of Colorado (AFIC), 1000 places You don't want to be as a teenager
- Forum: Another unlicensed hack in another hellhole., a thread on the Fornits Home for Wayward Web Fora
- Forum: Alleged victims: Decades of abuse, fraud at Colorado facility ignored , Reddit Troubled Teen sub-forum